[T2] charging the answer?

Robert Mann robtmann7 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 22:57:04 PDT 2018

    My rtd mechanic/financier buddy says I should slap on a supercharger
off a Toyota 1600
e.g <
https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/toyota/accessories/listing-1818960941.htm?rsqid=14f8442eeee94fd8925e9f653266dbbc

     I had thought the only nostalgically correct charger for my motor is
the *Judson* which my buddies & I (36hp 1200cc VWs) used to drool over in
the late 1960s.  But these modern Toyota chargers may well be better.  Has
anyone tried one?
     BTW small club of Austin 7 fanatics in my part of the world features
just such chargers (sucking thru the carb, not pushing thru it).  With the
right size pulley, which they say is easily calculated, they go like
stink.  The original Austin 7 had the minimum of main bearings  –  they did
need one at each end of the crankshaft, and that was the total.  Those who
have logically tried to decrease shaft-whip by slapping in a middle main
bearing turn out to experience more shaft breakages in these souped-up
charged Baby Austins than those who haven't bothered.

Robt Mann
'73 1600dp Devon camper