[T2] Oil cooler on a 68-71

Al Brase alribee at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 21:49:36 PDT 2018

I find it hard to believe that any bay window camper with an engine
properly put together cannot cruise at full speed without overheating the
oil. I am SURE the 1971 larger cooler and fan does a better job and likely
will make the engine last longer.
I would first calibrate the sender that is telling you it is too hot.If
your engine truly is getting too hot it could be timing or advance curve,
possibly jetted too lean if you have changed specs from stock.
Virtually every engine built in 1971 would pull the bus at maximum speed
without killing itself. That was the idea.Owner's manual says: maximum AND
cruising speed. I think in 1971 that number was 69-71mph?
Al