[T2] easy fix ...

Robert Mann robtmann7 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 17:53:49 PDT 2018

  Puzzled by erratic feebleness, missing?  Idling speed varying?  Want to
recover old power?  You could be suffering from partial fuel blockage.  One
possible cure, not difficult to try, is changing the fuel filter.
   For my 'upright' motor, with carb in the usual position, the best filter
is a 'right angle' type  -  receives down from the tank in an axial nozzle,
giving out a similar nozzle at right angles; c.U$8.
   Approx 1 cc of petrol poured out from the old one showed hundreds of
dark specks –  reminding me I should have taken the trouble to POR the tank
years ago.  Still, swapping out the filter is somewhat easier  ...
   Not only do I insist these filters are v g investments, but also I
record keenly my sudden fix for several motor defects just from slapping in
a new one.  I can recommend the satisfaction of again cruising up steep
hills in 3rd  ...

Robt Mann
'73 1600dp Devon camper