[T2] This Day in History

Robert Mann robtmann7 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 03:26:30 PST 2018

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/unsafe-at-any-speed-hits-bookstores

  bus content: I used to drift my '57 Splitty on warm roads.  The Renault 8
& 10 had similar crude swinging half-axles.  The S. African saloon car
champion a couple decades ago (now moved to NZ) says oversteer is in
principle controllable, but he's not so sure about understeer; my
sentiments exactly.  Call me a stick-in-the-mud captive to driving habits
learned in youth  ...
   The later-model Corvair had a much-improved rear suspension (as well as
looks), as did the Bay; but Nader had wrongfully vilified some of the
better vehicle types of the day.

Robt Mann
'73 1600dp Devon camper