[T2] Is any "glue" needed for manifold to airbox junction tubes

MUTS muts at verizon.net
Mon Nov 26 22:10:53 PST 2018

On daughter's 75 FI bus, I had to replace the manifold to  the left
cylinder head when the mounting stud to the injector failed. The old
manifold pulled right out of the old stiff junction tubes attached at
the other end to the airbox, last replaced 14 yrs ago by a porsche
repair shop when daughter was going to school in Savannah and started
stalling at lights/ poor idling due to these leaking, making the intake
air too lean.  I have a set of new ones-Does anyone seal these junction
tubes with anything like a coat of gasket cement?  The alignment when
dry fitted is not directly in line between manifold ends and the airbox
tube extensions- off maybe an eight on an inch.  I assume the flex of
the new tubes will bridge the difference.

--
MUTS = Michael's Ultimate Thumb Saver
Oboe, English Horn, Clarinet, Soprano Sax support