[T2] Gear shift problem

c.dreike c.dreike at verizon.net
Fri Nov 16 23:29:49 PST 2018

Hi,
My 71 sunroof is almost on the road. Only problem is that I can only
shift into 3rd 4th and reverse. Reverse is in the position of 2nd. All
gears shifted smoothly before disassembly of the entire shift linkage
train, cleaning and reassembly with new bushings and lubrication. I
tried to follow the Bentley instructions to put it into 2nd gear and
then tighten the floor plate. Of course this won't work as I can't put
the transmission into 2nd gear. Can anyone give me some insight about
what to do? I'm missing something. I've double checked the assembly as
there is a nice diagram of all the parts in the Bentley manual.

Thanks,
Chris
64DD Kamper Kit
71 Sunroof