[T2] Grounding Problem?

david raistrick keen at icantclick.org
Thu May 17 15:30:04 PDT 2018

> Believe I may have either a bad ground from the transmission to chassis, or
> a bad battery connection to the starter.

yep, that.

it could be a bad battery post too.

but yeah it sounds like something is arcing under starter load,
causing a disconnect.  if it "resets" by removing the terminal from
the post, it's probably there and not elsewhere.   have someone else
do it while your watching (preferably in the dark) and I'll put donuts
on you seeing it spark.

the spark flash will increase the resistance -after- it arcs, and when
you disconnect/reconnect, it wiggles that back out enough.