[T2] Single cab gate latches

Al Brase alribee at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 10:29:17 PDT 2018

Those are forgings. Red hot steel, squashed into shape by dies top and
bottom. Makes an incredibly strong, resilient part. Pint worn off on the
wear surface was probably the natural state of these after a few months of
use.
These were moderate priced very unique WORK vehicles.
If I ever restore one, I will likely sand the paint off to bare metal and
treat it with phosphoric acid to keep the rust under control.
Powder paint has rather thick film thickness. Next problem is matching the
powder to the body color will not likely be possible.
These have so many surfaces, I wonder if they painted them before assembly.
Is there color under the screw heads?
I have some NOS ones, no paint; and some on my 1955 single cab, likely
never see the holding screws out in my lifetime!
Al

On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 11:46 AM, Kevin Guarnotta <kevin at guarnottadesign.com