[T2] Potential Trip

Barry Rowland bearrowland at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 06:08:06 PST 2018

While I've done numerous cross country trips, I only have done one in my 71.  Take a throttle cable and pics!!!

On March 4, 2018, at 6:33 AM, Mike <muts at verizon.net> wrote:

Back in 84  I bicycled solo to Eugene, Oregon from NJ- look up Sisters,
Oregon and take 242/126  to 126 west- you literally drive through lava
fields.  I went from Missoula, Mt (Lolo Hot Springs!) via Rt 12 to
Sisters taking 26 - a feat I marvel at today.  Note the Johm Day Fossil
Beds.  It's a  a great drive on 12, it felt more like Japan with the way
the trees accompanied the river.  We duplicated that route in our 78
Westy when daughter was 9 back in 94.   Then we went down the coast to
Universal, Disney, etc.  She played Sega games and had VCR vids, watched
on our 9" TV mounted to the Stove lid.  Since her name is Nyssa we
stopped at Nyssa Oregon and the post office gave her postmarked stamps.

    Last Summer we took the Roadtrek out to Colorado Springs for family
business, then went to Great Sand Dunes NP, great camping with an easy
drive or walk to the Dunes, unbelievable white sand. Also went to that
Meteor Crater, Mesa Verde, and Kartchner Caverns in New Mexico; the
founders went to great lengths to preserve the caves,  and sold it to
the State Parks div. with undisturbed features still developing  like
spagetti like tubes 8 ft long, much better than Carlsbad!!