[T2] Voltage regulator

Robert Mann robtmann7 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 22:02:13 PDT 2018

Again I try to offer a ray of hope.

At least on the 1600dp engine, the fan can indeed be removed to the rear,
leaving the fabulous 'upright' main fan shroud unmoved.  Vertical tin
fastened by diabolically-placed bolts allows this.

Also, I agree with Chris Dreike that for most if not all of the 4 hold-down
fastenings of the gen/alt stand, bolts are better than the original studs.
BTW the rear L of those threaded holes goes straight into the sump, which
is a handy way to return oil from your dunny-paper external oil
filter/cooler.  After no tutoring in metalwork, I made a hollow banjo bolt
for that fastening,  Hint: brass is soft enough so that you can cut a male
thread using an ordinary steel nut.  The spirit of Munro lives! 😂

Immediately under the gen/alt stand is the oil deflector plate (Bentley
fig. 16-8, p. 58).  Before finding this picture, we slapped the plate back
in as we found it, which happened to be turned 90°.  Kiwi intuianalysis™
told us the orientation would not matter.  But if someone has evidence to
the contrary, we're humble enough to listen 😕 and lift the stand again
(easier with the improved fixings *viz*. bolts not studs).

Robt Mann