[T2] Voltage regulator

Bradley Spear my13jetta at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 17:21:28 PDT 2018

There was something I thought about doing when I wanted to change from a
generator to alternator when my "72 Camper had a Type I engine in it, but I
ended up doing that after I took the engine out to get to the fuel tank.

This is it:

1. Remove the intake system.

2. Remove the four nuts holding the generator stand on.

3. Remove the four bolts holding the generator to the fan shroud.

4. Move the generator/fan assembly up and take the generator stand out.

5. Lower the generator/fan assembly and slide it out.

Would that work?

Brad Spear
'72 Westy (With a '73 Type IV engine now)
'71 Karmann Ghia
'16 Passat SEL
Richfield, MN