[T2] Generator.

Joseph Delecki jdelecki at msn.com
Sun Jul 1 04:31:01 PDT 2018

Bob,

Make sure all the wiring insulation and connectors in the engine bay to/from the generator and regulator are sound. No shorts or questionable connectors.

As suggested previously, make "sure" your battery is good. i.e. swap in another battery or take it to be tested.  (Been there done that !) And also take a quick peek at one of the brushes (as suggested) to check for abnormal wear. Doable with the generator mounted and unlikely  the problem for a two year old rebuilt generator.

In Bentley section 4 (Electrical System) under 6.2 (In-car Testing of generator and Regulator) perform

the simple tests that are suggested using a VOM with the generator in situ. At least you should get a clearer understanding where the problem might be occurring and how to approach the solution with confidence.

PS: I'm assuming you have a VOM and can read a wiring schematic.

Joe     71 1600 DP with generator/regulator