[T2] (no subject)

david raistrick keen at icantclick.org
Tue Feb 20 13:33:55 PST 2018

>        It may sound far out, but I wonder whether a marginal connection
> where the HT comes out of the coil can decrease power, while not abolishing
> sparks altogether as in this case it later did.

....yep.  that will happen.

You should be able to spread the copper male part of that a bit wider
(it should have a gap for such purposes) to re-tension it.  that's
where the holding tension should be, not the boot around the nose of
the coil.  (though a loose boot can cause other issues, like
dirt/oil/water/corrosion....)