[T2] Jim Thompson

Roger Lemberg phroggie at ieee.org
Sun Feb 4 20:02:10 PST 2018

I met Jim after he bought Sherwood Auto (1982?).  For several years I lived just up Woodman Ave (the “wood” in Sherwood) from Sherman Way (the “sher”). I spent many a day getting parts there and because he was such a great guy, he’d always throw in advice, encouragement and amusing anecdotes on the house.

For some reason, I remember that he was the first merchant I knew to get one of those credit card swipers. I remember him proudly showing it off. (Hey, it was the ‘80s and it was high, high tech.)

Phrogbus’s file still has plenty of invoices left over from those days.

I’m sure I’ll remember Jim for at least as long as I’m driving Phrogbus.

Peace

Phroggie and his Phrogbus
(’70 Sportsmobile conversion)
Northridge