[T2] 1973 bus hard to start after running

Robert Mann robtmann7 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 23:58:28 PST 2018

Having experienced similar misbehaviour in my '73, with a carb that boasts
a large W but nowhere the word 'Weber'  -  the Brazilian Weber 30/32, of
which I hold a high opinion  -  I can advise that I WON by cleaning the
carb thoroughly.  Main subsequent preventative: replaced the filter just
below the tank.  (Ryco make an 'L-shaped' filter  -  input on axis of
cylindrical filter, output at right angles at the other end).
This is one possibility –  dirt from the tank clogging the carb  –  to
explain the bad behaviour, and some solutions.

Best of luck

Robt Mann
'73 1600dp Devon camper