[T2] 1973 bus hard to start after running

Mike Stone miguelpiedra at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 22:26:14 PST 2018

Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone knew what could be the issue I'm having with my
1973 hightop bus. It's a flat pancake engine with a Weber carb. No fuel
injection on this bus.

Basically at beginning of day, the bus starts right up, but after driving
about town for awhile, the bus is difficult to restart after turning it
off. I can start it after turning the key several times, it bubbles to
start, slow with giving it gas. Got to give a good rev up.

If the bus sits for hour+, and cools down, it'll start right up.

Thank you for any insights.
May the VW be with you,
Stone (Las Vegas)