[T2] '78 Auto Bus for sale

Robert Mann robtmann7 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 19:04:53 PDT 2018

Since we're on the theme of road kill (which can be v good tucker), and
since the 'spare wheel on the front' has been mentioned, the theme of 'bull
bars' or 'kangaroo bars' arises.
My bus came with 43mm steel, bolted at 6 points to what amounts to the
chassis. With std 185R14c tyres, the steering is plurry heavy at parking
speeds.  I had the bar off to paint it, and the steering was then half-way
reasonable; with the bar & spare wheel back on, here I was murmuring futile
wishes for power steering  ...  I've not tried an aluminium version but I
dare say the aloominum bar would be in between.  Anyhow, I think moose bars
are some worthwhile protection against Ralph Nader's over-stated nightmare
and are a better place for the spare wheel in most contexts, liberating
valuable lockable space at the rear.

Robt Mann
'73 1600dp Devon