[T2] type2 Digest, bus horn

jkfoster jkfoster at chibardun.net
Mon Sep 25 06:08:58 PDT 2017

I'd  start at the horn. Get out the test light and make sure you have power to it.  Then put a jumper wire on the ground side of the horn and see if it honks when you ground it. ( you need your key in the on position)
 If that all works then you have to figure out where the bad connection is in the rest of the wiring.  You can pull off the horn cap and use your test light to make sure you have power there running from the horn.
 I'd say the most likely culprits are.  No power to the horn,  the horn itself,  poor  connections at the horn,  the ring at the button not making contact,  and the one that I've fixed most often is the ground at the bottom of the steering column.
  That one is most easily accessed by taking out the four philips head bolts that hold the column to the dash,  sliding the plastic ring up the column that sits at the floor of the steering column,  removing two little bolts that are on a metal cover under the plastic ring.  Under that is the little ground wire connection.  It likes to make poor connections or just pop off.
 Hope this is  helpful.
Jason