[T2] re-wiring '69 singlecab

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Wed Nov 29 05:40:17 PST 2017

Hi John,

Do you have some crimpers you recommend? I got one of those ratcheting crimpers (Ancor 701030 Double ratcheting crimp tool) - it works ok - but not great, seems like I always need to use the smallest size for every crimp. I don't mind spending $65 on one - if it is going to be a lot better than the one I have. $150-$200 is too rich for me, and like you said, probably isn't worth it. But maybe it is?

Do you have a good source for AMP PIDG series terminal ends? I see tons of connector kits online, some with built in heat shrink - which is my personal favorite. But it is hard to tell the quality by looking at pics online.

How did they do those original style crimps, with the sort of stress relief built in? I assume another specialized tool? I am anticipating needing to cut some wires, and extend them. Any suggestions on best practice for this.

-Kevin Guarnotta
Jamaica Plain, MA

’78 Westy
'69 Singlecab