[T2] re-wiring '69 singlecab

Al Brase alribee at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 16:17:32 PDT 2017

Buying the loom is just the tip of the iceberg. I guess I've been doing
auto electric wiring since I was 15, so it seems easy to me. If there is
not TOO much missing or melted, I'd just fix what is there. I really doubt
the vinyl insulation is hurt/ deteriorated in many places.The very job of
removing and replacing an entire harness in such a vehicle is daunting to
me. I suppose with a learning curve it could be 8-10 hours and that is if
the replacement is perfect. I can patch on repairs to many wires in a few
hours. Further, you are changing some things.
I'd try to get 8-10 colors and terminals and just patch in stuff. I use
solder and shrink tubing. Further shrink tubing on the whole cable and wrap
with black tape ir that is what was there..Actually HIGH PRESSURE crimps
are better, but I mean the tool costs a bunch. Been soldering them for 50
years.. Never a failure I knew of.
Al