[T2] 2nd Gear Problems

Al Brase alribee at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 22:00:28 PDT 2017

My previous post was ONLY if not removing engine.
For sure, if the tranny is out, try to split the coupler and put new rear
shift shaft bushings in it.
Something else I would look at: From Vanagon experience 091's, but
hydraulic actuation, the clutch forks often have uneven wear where they
contact the TO bearing.
This seems to be the single worst source of clutch chatter. They are
manufactured curved, but wear to some funky flattened areas. I dress with a
grinder. Measure with a caliper.