[T2] [Q] Bus Year

David C Matthews dcm7293 at gmail.com
Wed May 31 14:34:24 PDT 2017

Greetings,

My '71 Westy, as per the official Wesfalia sticker, is just that -- a '71
Westy. However, as per the official VW plate, my '71 Westy is a '69 Type 2.
Have always considered my Westy a '71 (e.g. has power-assist brakes, etc.).

My speculation is that my bus was manufactured late in the '69 VW
production cycle, then after sitting for a while, was early in the
Westfalia '71 conversion run (but this doesn't explain the power-assist
brakes).

Thoughts?

David

P.S. Looking into a new wiring harness, so getting the year correct is
obviously important.