[T2] Subject: Re: Radio installation

John Burneskis john.burneskis at gmail.com
Thu May 25 14:01:41 PDT 2017

Hi.  I recently bought and installed a Dual XDVD770BT unit from Walmart.
Just under $80, but I am sure you can find it on line cheaper.

I wired the 'always on' to my secondary fuse block that I have attached to
the passenger side firewall; like the original fuse block, but on the
passenger side of the bus.  It is fed by a single wire from my second
(camping) battery.

My 'play power' also comes from that same secondary fuse box spade, goes
through the rear window defogger (RWD) pull knob (green) on my dash, then
the radio.

Both the radio and the green light come on when I pull the RWD knob. 95%
fool proof, but if I drain my battery, it will be my extra camping battery.

BTW, this radio is a great fit for my 78 westy.  It plays CDs and DVDs
(probably not BluRay, though).  It displays the DVD on a very small 3"
screen, but also has a A/V pigtail that allows for the video to BE WIRED to
a secondary (larger ?) monitor.

It will also take wired video input, like for a backup camera.  (Will show
back up the 3" screen, but NOT on a secondary larger, attached monitor.
Backup camera not included!!)  The DVD image will shut off when the backup
camera is activated, automatically. There's a radio control wire for that
function.

Also, it has bluetooth to answer your cell phone, and MAY even dial out via
some contacts' list.

Also, and this is the coolest, it will play MP3 from a USB memory stick.  I
downloaded some MP3 audio books, and tons of MP3 songs / albums I had
hanging around.

For the money, you can't beat it.