[T2] '78 westy tent screen repair

George Mallia georgemallia at gmail.com
Wed May 24 08:42:16 PDT 2017

I still have my original canvas tent. My screen was falling apart, and had more holes than screen. I carefully cut out the old screen and purchased a generic replacement screen for any window for a few dollars from the hardware store. Then I painstakingly hand sewed the screen onto the same holes the originally screen was sewn into. I used heavyweight outdoor use thread. The sewing part took me two full days. The result was fantastic, as good as new.

I do have a few dime sized holes in the canvas. Out of necessity I used fabric bandaids to keep out mosquitoes 5 years ago. Those bandaids have never fallen off, and still work great.

Sincerely,

George Mallia
Charlottetown. PEI
77 Westy