[T2] Radio installation

david raistrick keen at icantclick.org
Tue May 23 19:58:57 PDT 2017

> I have always wired my radios to be always on, and just formed the habit of
> turning off the stereo when I hop out.

I did too, for years -

but then I spent many years chasing a battery killing battery drain
(it would kill the battery after a week of sitting, and roached
probably a thousand dollars in AGM batteries - some replaced under
warranty, but still).

turned to be out the head unit I installed when my last one died.  the
memory side of it drew a LOT of current (in bursts, an ammeter
wouldn't pick it up at random testing).   enough to kill a perfectly
good and charged battery.

so - keep that in mind if you're chasing a dead battery.  start
pulling the fuse for the memory circuit when you park and see if that
changes it.   now both sides are on switched power and I just reset
the important stuff on power up.....

(until I get around to finding another replacement)

...david