[T2] When to check oil level?

david raistrick keen at icantclick.org
Sat Jul 29 08:59:16 PDT 2017

no - on a bus the dipstick is calibrated for "cold" - the oil is sitting still and settled.   a running or just shut off motor would read low

the new bmw/mini stuff is different - and one of the primary reasons they switched (imo) is because the dipstick design in the last round of engines was horrible (unreadable with clean oil, unreliable because the route it has to take would hold oil or drag oil onto the reading....)

that and because car owners are idiots now.

do whatever the owners manual says.   some of them dont even have computer sensors, its a drain-and-measure-refill.......

--
Sent from my random mobile device of the week