[T2] troubleshooting auxiliary battery charge

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Wed Jul 19 06:08:38 PDT 2017

OK guys - here is a new one. I've got an auxiliary battery in the bus. It is known to be good.

If I plug my bus in, and put in on "city power", then charge the battery with the built in timer - it will take a charge. But when the bus is running, the battery does not get charged. How do I begin to troubleshoot this?

In other words - I don't really get how the whole charging aux battery system works - nor what runs off the aux battery. Does the Aux battery power certain things inside, or does it work in parallel with the main battery, to just give you power for a longer period of time between re-charging?

-Kevin Guarnotta
Jamaica Plain, MA

'78 Westy
'69 Singlecab