[T2] Binding Clutch

Joseph Delecki jdelecki at msn.com
Sun Jul 16 16:52:03 PDT 2017

If you decide to drop your engine and investigate and repair your clutch related problem, may I suggest that when doing so you
also consider the replacement of your present clutch housing with the newer version using a release bearing guide sleeve.
See the parts diagram section five Bentley  , 15.4 Engine and Clutch (page 50) . It is a more robust version of the earlier
release bearing mount without the sleeve . I once had the early release bearing mount (without sleeve) on my 1600 cc. engine with stock transmission and was able to easily make the upgrade.  Perhaps you already have this type of housing and I am also assuming you have  a 1600 cc engine.

If you do make the housing upgrade, it also presents an opportunity to easily renew the rear driveshaft oil seal.

Joe 71 1600 dp