[T2] Valve cover gaskets

MUTS muts at verizon.net
Thu Jul 13 12:12:56 PDT 2017

Since being forced to switch to AOL while keeping verizon.net email it's
been strange- my posts from original computer come through, but not on
newer upstairs one.  I responded to VC gasket issues-one is that to keep
it from shifting when installing cover, I use grease if gasket fits
well, but some don't want to lay flat and bow in the middle, then I use
contact cement on very clean cover. Grease the part where the bale rubs
on so it slides up without pulling up cover that you are pushing on. I
use a small cat's paw crowbar to slide it up. I also have a 3/4" thick
piece of wood thinned on one edge (belt sander) to hold between the
cover and panel above, handy for some gaskets that are thick and could
let cover displace.
MUTS  = Michael's Ultimate Thumb Saver oboe, clarinet support
93 Chevy Roadtrek 210P
78 VW Westfalia Camper