[T2] Hiccuping Engine

david raistrick keen at icantclick.org
Fri Apr 28 12:19:09 PDT 2017

> Now my bus has been sitting for a dumb amount of time, and I am planning on draining the gas -as it won't start for me, and I think the gas has just gone stale.

No help on the switch - but on the fuel.

If you want to salvage it (and with the price of gas these days who
doesnt), drain it out, run it through a water separating filter (ye
old alcohol and all that), maybe a few times, and apply PRI to it.

I read about PRI one one of the old IH trucks mailing lists years ago
- one guy recovered two 50 gallon tanks from a truck, one of which had
no cap, where the fuel had been sitting for 10 years.

When I had a tank go completely bad in the bus (ie, the fuel would
burn with a torch, but wouldn't fire an engine - even the mower) it
sat around in cans for another few years until I did the above to it.
  Burned every last bit of it in the mowers and yard cars without a
problem.  Even burned a bit of it in the bus when it was really low
and I needed to get it to the gas station.

filter (or larger sizes too):
https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Funnel-AF3CB-Fuel-Filter/dp/B000SOIRCG/

PRI
https://www.amazon.com/PRI-Fuel-Stabilizer-Gasoline-Economy/dp/B005JP16TA

This isn't the same as the over the counter "fuel stabilizer" stuff
you normally get that flat out doesnt work.

The bus sat since last april (2016) after the no dough bus show with
fuel with PRI in it.  Cranked it up a few times to move it in and out
of the shop, but no driving and no additional fuel.    Cranked it up
to drive to the show at the end of march (2016), zero fuel problems.

I use it now in all the cars and cans if it's not for immediate use.

fwiw.