[T2] Running FI engine outside of the 75 van

MUTS muts at verizon.net
Sat Sep 10 16:36:07 PDT 2016

Re oil leak in 75 bus after clutch install:
I replaced the obviously leaking tran shaft seal (throwout bearing
covered in oil) and did have to add 2 cups tranny oil but original drips
after clutch reinstall a yr ago were every 4 ft along the driveway after
a test run to town. Don't recall it smelling sulfury....I pulled the
clutch and flywheel, replaced the flywheel O-ring (it was flat but not
stiff, not sure I did it back then, but new engine seal looked fine and
I left it. No oil slung around clutch/engine wall, but it was only run 4
mi and back plus moving it around garage.  I'd like to run it outside of
bus, and have installed a through the wall spigot near bottom on a
gallon gas can, with line to filter, pump, fuel rail, and return line to
can. I'll use separate battery to run pump and prime the rail. Tomorrow
I will hook up another battery to all electric, ignition, double relay,
resistors, voltage regulator, and ground from tranny and manually jump
starter to verify spark before running fuel pump.   Anyone do this, and
should I be worried about engine vibration?

MUTS  = Michael's Ultimate Thumb Saver oboe, clarinet support
93 Chevy Roadtrek 210P
78 VW Westfalia Camper