[T2] balance point of type 2 engine with trans?

MUTS muts at verizon.net
Mon Sep 5 22:10:02 PDT 2016

I had rolled  the back up onto 3 2x8's nailed together as a ramp, with
triangular stops nailed to the front made from 4x4 cut down the corner
to corner axis.  I jacked up the front to make bus level, and used a
tube jack to lift trans enough to remove frame mount bolts above it. Did
note the motorcycle jack (Sears) only rolled under until the jack tube
frame hit the rear muffler.  Placed a 10" X 20" ply board lengthwise
onto jack so it also sat under the trans, and it was just forward enough
to lower it all; still had to roll it backwards enough to have trans
shaft clear the body frame it sits above when shift rod is connected.
Had forgotten vac brake line to engine.  Once down, I had to unjack the
front so rear tipped just high enough so engine could be rolled out
without further body jacking.  Hope to have oil leak figured out (oil
seal?) to get this running by 18th, Flander's All Air-cooled show is an
hour north of me in north NJ.  Not that far for you, Bob in Baltimore?
MUTS  = Michael's Ultimate Thumb Saver oboe, clarinet support
93 Chevy Roadtrek 210P
78 VW Westfalia Camper