[T2] Seat belt extenders

Robert Mann robtmann7 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 19:52:14 PDT 2016

In deciding whether to swap out the original-type belts for 'inertial',
take some account of the fact that the fabled convenience of the 'inertial'
belts is bought at the price of incr risk of injury.  A locked belt if
firmly fastened prevents the body from gaining much momentum before
slamming into the rigid limit of the belt.  I was in a head-to-tail at c.40
mph in a near-new car with the modern type of 'inertial' belt.  My
breastbone was severely bruised, costing me plenty sleep for 2 – 3 wk.