[T2] Phone Holder

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Fri Oct 28 05:28:23 PDT 2016

Yeah, that looks good – but I have a modern radio where they installed theirs.

My radio has Bluetooth – so it connects to my phone – hands free phone calls, and I can play music from my phone thru my radio. Kind of nice, and it works pretty much all the time – i.e. no bugs like some other modern tech that I have.

The only bug I have now is the charger. I’m thinking I’ve got a bad ground or bad lighter thing. I’ll try to find some time to trouble shoot that.

I imagine I probably have a bad ground the more I think of it – as the parking brake light comes on intermittently too, even when the brake is off. I tried to figure that out over the summer, and thought I had it – but it didn’t last. I also just noticed the interior dome light -which used to work all the time when I opened the door, now only works intermittently. I.e. it comes on when I open the door, but doesn’t stay lit. I have LED bulbs in the dome.

Another odd development. I replaced the heater blower fan (thanks to Avocado Tom) and it worked great. But now it doesn’t seem to work -  well the fan comes on, and seems to be blowing air – but no air comes out the front. I think I must have a blocked tube, or a hole in the pipe. Another project, hopefully I’ll get to these soon – it is starting to get a bit chilly up here.

-Kevin Guarnotta
Jamaica Plain, MA

’78 Westy
'69 Singlecab
'65 Ez-camper

From: Jim Arnott [mailto:jrasite at eoni.com]
Subject: Re: [T2] Phone Holder

My bay currently resides in the UK.  In the Vanagon, I just removed the stock cigar lighter and added a couple holes.