[T2] link to Amsoil ASTM-D130 tests of gear oils safe for yellow metal synchros

MUTS muts at verizon.net
Tue Nov 22 22:00:02 PST 2016

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=1533539
This is of great concern to early car owners like Corvair.  Current
hypoid transmissions using GL-5 with no yellow metals can have  twice
the sulfur compound that eats yellow metals, and the copper strip test
indicates the safety of the oil as to its rate of corrosion. Not all
synthetics are safe- IE, the Lucas one is rated 4 on the strip test,
turned the strip jet black (maximal corrosion) in the 24 hr test.

MUTS  = Michael's Ultimate Thumb Saver oboe, clarinet support
93 Chevy Roadtrek 210P
78 VW Westfalia Camper