[T2] Rust, Noise, Heat

MUTS muts at verizon.net
Mon Nov 7 06:12:48 PST 2016

"Not a troll" disclaimer.
It is my understanding thqt polyisocyuranate foam (Great Stuff) does not
seal out moisture, it traps it and rust will increase.  Same with Bondo-
it absorbs moisture. Mice get into the hollow beam under the rear hatch
and their corrosive urine will cause rust from the inside.  My engine
rebuilder filled it with foam back in 2004 and it has still rusted
through leaving foam in place.

On 11/6/2016 10:18 PM, c.dreike wrote:
  The key here is to prevent any steel surface from getting wet
 > and staying so over any long period as rust will develop. Any bare steel
 > or painted steel surface is prone to having condensation develop on it
 > at night or during cold weather. (Think warm bodies and steamy breath.)
 > The Great Stuff should seal out moisture and prevent condensation.

MUTS  = Michael's Ultimate Thumb Saver oboe, clarinet support
93 Chevy Roadtrek 210P
78 VW Westfalia Camper