[T2] Windshield removal (Bob Pratt)

Tim Shepherd forever-endeavor at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 26 14:55:25 PDT 2016

Yep, Bob's right. In my experience, you're about 25% likely to break it just removing it. Any tiny chip or crack will be stressed and propagate, once it's out of the frame. It's impossible to do alone, so gave up and let the pros do it. The last windshield I had replaced cost me $200 for glass and install, I supplied the rubber. This was back in the 1990s so prices may have gone up... The first guy broke the windshield and his boss came the next day and installed the second one. Complaining all the while what a pain in the ass they were... YMMV