[T2] Rebuild Heater Blower?

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Thu Jun 16 17:15:34 PDT 2016

Hi Guys,

Trying to fix random odd things on my bus - one of them is the heater blower. Every time I turn it on, it blows a fuse. I finally took some time to examine it. I turned it on, while in my driveway - and it makes a really loud noise, while spinning. Then the fuse blows. I realized the fan is not spinning freely - I took the assembly out, and it feels like the bearings or something is kind of messed up inside that motor assembly. I can't see how to take the motor apart or if you even can take it apart.

Any ideas on rebuilding these things? It does not look like I can get a new one, but I see some used ones for sale on thesamba.

Thoughts appreciated.

-Kevin Guarnotta
Jamaica Plain, MA

'78 Westy