[T2] Mahle Main Bearing Question

dchase2001 dchase2001 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 10:27:09 MST 2016

So I was not finding a Mahle main bearing set at a price I liked (if at al)
at the usual VW parts places so I went on ebay...
The package came and the box looks official but the bearings themselves do
not have any markings except "STD" and the split bearing looks very shiny
whereas the others have the matte look I expect.

Has anyone recently purchased Mahle main bearings from a reputable source?
If so were the individual bearings stamped with a part number?
Was the box sealed?
Were the bearings themselves shrink-wrapped inside the box?  (The KS cam
and rod bearings I purchased were)

Thanks!

Dave Chase
'75 Transporter