[T2] RE; [Q] Ethanol‏

Chuck Covington chuckcov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 13:39:00 MST 2015

Not to start a political or environmental debate but I think the whole
ethanol in gas thing is crap.  Both my wife's and mine vehicles get at
least 5mpg better with ethanol free gas and they run better.  Funny story,
I was out at Offutt AFB in Nebraska.  One of the guys who worked on base
also had a farm where he grew corn.  I couldn't help but notice that the
gas stations around town all had mid-grade as the cheapest option and the
low grade was the mid-priced.  The mid-grade also had ethanol while the low
and premium were ethanol free.  When I asked why that was he said the
mid-grade was subsidized.  When I asked why all the gas didn't have ethanol
he laughed and said cuz it sucks.  Nobody around here uses that stuff.  So
I said, you grow all this corn to mess up the rest of the countries fuel
but you all don't use it.  Yup, he replied.  Nice huh?