[T2] re head banging in Baltimore picking at straws

Robert Mann robtmann7 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 12:17:15 MST 2015

	The latest summary of facts included a v interesting
statement that there's a strong spark at the coil and still some v
weak spark across the plug points.  (Elsewhere it was said 'no
spark', but I am responding to the former statement.)
	I have seen v weak spark at the plug when corrosion had
developed in the wells on the distributor cap.  The metal oxide
produced, alumina, is a good insulator.  It can constitute a
multi-megohm resistance which allows thru only enough for a feeble
spark (in the air) which, in the cylinder even with low CR, will
amount to no spark at all.
	I was able to ream out the wells in the distributor cap with
a rat-tail file; problem solved (till the next one).

--
Robt Mann
Whangaparaoa, New Zealand