[T2] Tent canvas

Joshua Overmiller overmiller at gmail.com
Thu May 28 00:01:58 MST 2015

Andy,

Great sharing of knowledge!
Your google profile photo shows a Westy awning just like mine.  Well,
almost like mine -- fun fact -- I have UK-spec awning so the rear flap is
reversed due the sliding door being on the left side.

My Westy awning is certainly showing some age and wear and tear, but it's
such a nice awning that performs well in all weather.  We hose it down, use
a brush and canvas cleaner to spot clean the bird crap and mud, and treat
it with Fabsil each spring.
What are your thoughts on using a pressure washer for cleaning the canvas
every season?  We have some friends who are in the bell tent business and
they say they use a pressure washer, but for some reason that
seems...excessive and would damage the canvas over time.  However, it does
seem like a nice time-saver over using the brush-and-soap method of
cleaning.

Cheers,

Josh
.