[T2] Tent canvas

Andy McKinley airhedz at gmail.com
Wed May 27 21:06:17 MST 2015

Have worked in the canvas business, as well as owned many tents.

One thing to consider is that Sunbrella and like materials do not like to
be creased or stuffed into a bag. Rolling it up flatly is fine (as in an
awning).

Treated cotton duck will provide a strong rain tight tent becauss the
cotton absorbs moisture and swells, tightening the weave and closing the
space between the warp and weft. Heavy and bulky, but quiet and
comfortable. It breathes, and you don't get condensation from transpiration
as with the coated lightweight nylon fabrics, which don't breathe. If it's
been rained on or slept on on cold nights, you'll want to set either up to
air dry as soon as you can.

Roll up awnings or fixed structures, Sunbrella or similar.
Quick, easy, lightweight and compact, coated nylon.
Comfort and protection, treated cotton canvas.

My Westy side tents have been the best tents I've ever owned. Kept me dry
in deluges.

Andy McKinley
airhedz at gmail.com

Love your country, but never trust its government.
-Robert A. Heinline