[T2] Dished vs flat Pistons

Martin Strandgard mnstra at unimelb.edu.au
Tue May 19 23:03:17 MST 2015

>Question 1:
>I assume that my compression ratio will increase with this type of piston.
>Will it be enough to cause me problems?  Case is still split waiting on
>parts so I can't yet measure what compression ratio will be.

I don't think anyone can answer this until you are able to calculate the CR with the flat top pistons. The answer will also depend on the cam you are using.

>Question 2:
>Should I use the head gaskets that come with the gasket kit?  I have no
>groove in head to help seal and removing would seem to increase compression
>ratio as well.

I would suggest using spacers at the base of the cylinders if you need to decrease compression as the head gaskets are a known point of failure.