[T2] Wiring problems

Roger Lemberg phroggie at ieee.org
Fri Mar 13 16:06:33 MST 2015

If there’s any weirdness in the lights, the first thing I’d check is that *all* the grounds, especially the ones where the fixtures connect to the body, especially the rear lights, are all OK.

The wiring diagram shows “clearly” (LOL) how interconnected things are.

If, say, a taillight is missing it’s ground, hitting the brake causes the base of the bulb to go to somewhere around 6V thus feeding current to the other filament and whatever is supposed to drive it.

(Note that the previous statement is a general approximation of what can happen. The exact circumstances may vary but in my case the brake failure light would come on.)

Hope this helps,
Peace,
Phroggie & Phrogbus
Northridge, CA