[T2] wanna trip to Baltimore??

Raceing Cajun raceingcajun at communicomm.com
Thu Jun 18 09:30:21 MST 2015

Bob,

    Don’t give up yet. Back up and start over. Start with the basics. Have
you got; gas, spark, compression, and are all these things in time? I have
felt all through this ordeal that timing in one way or another was suspect,
either ign timing or cam/crank timing. Simply because it does not hit/pop/
backfire, or something.

    You have said more that once you have spark, gas, and compression. Well
with those things, it must at least hit/bump/pop/backfire, or show some sign
of life, if in time.

Roll the engine up to TDC on #1, the distributor rotor must point to the
plug wire tower on the cap going to #1, forget about the notch in the
distributor housing at this time. Pull the valve covers, when the engine is
at TDC on #1, the valves on #3 should be at “overlap”, exhaust
closing/intake beginning to open. Both valves on #1 should be closed,

Are you sure the valves are closing completly? I think you said it has
hydraulic lifters, if your not sure of valve closure, adjust them like solid
lifters with .006 gap. If it starts they will clatter, but it wont hurt
anything, and you can readjust them when things get stabilized.

If you don’t have any luck with this, then it might be time to turn Mothers
picture to the wall, and call in a professional tech. I wish I was able to
come, I love a challenge like this! Although I’m sure we are all going to be
amazed of how simple it was in the end..........I know easy for me to say!

Skipper