[T2] Help to enhance my AUX battery diagram before we burn alive !

Christophe Guilbert cguilbert at picasso.ucsf.edu
Wed Jun 3 14:49:44 MST 2015

Hi,

I am adding a new Aux battery and draw a diagram to do so.  I really
would appreciate if someone review it to see if I am doing something
dangerous, enhance the safety or if it could be done differently (and
more elegantly)

Here is the diagram:
http://mondale.ucsf.edu/download/secondary_batt2.pdf

The feature of rewiring is to select which battery and I to use for all
my appliances and I can start the fridge on the AUX battery when the van
is not running.

Basically , I have my Aux battery wire going to the dash board to
provide the interior light , cigarette lighter and radio.  The interior
lights, cigarette lighter wires was "repossessed and diverted" from the
main fuse panel S8. The Aux battery wire (in the dashboard) is going
back to the Aux battery compartment trough the regular fridge/LED panel
relay (C in my drawing).
I have a switch S1 which control the relay B , relay B can select if the
current flowing to the fridge/LED and appliances panel is coming from
the main or the AUX battery. This way I can select which battery I want
to use for my appliances. Note that the AUX battery is used by default.
Switch S2 is here to override relay C (fridge relay ) to have the fridge
working on the Aux battery when the engine is not running , it is also
light up a strong red light in the dashboard to remind me that the
fridge is running on the aux battery. This is practical if you are doing
grocery and don't want to switch to gaz. the trick is that when the
fridge is not working , the LED panel is (that's the design of relay
C),  so I use the +12V out of the LED panel post to energized relay A 86
terminal.  I trigger it by the switch S2 through Tem 85. Note that the
S2 switch is using ground line.

If any one could be kind enough to tell the weakness of my design and
how to fix it. I especially would like to emphasized where to add more
fuse to make it safer.

Thanks and sorry for any eventual headache following my diagram.