[T2] never ending story in Baltimore (fwd)

John Kolak jkolak at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 09:21:57 MST 2015

There was someone in this thread that reminded me of a Vanagon I had. I was
going up a mountain and it just died. It turned out to be the pigtail wire
to Temp Sensor 2. I unplugged the pigtail from the sensor and connected the
harness wire
with an electronics alligator clip jumper wire to ground on the body. It
ran fine then. The only thing about that technique is that it tells the
computer the engine is warmed up, so it was hard starting when
cold. I would compensate by pouring a little gas or spraying a little carb
cleaner into the throttle body until my new temp sensor came.

John