[T2] signs of life in Baltimore

accessys at smart.net accessys at smart.net
Fri Jul 3 09:30:52 MST 2015

stared at old photos and stared at old photos and realized one wire was
not where it was supposed to be.   corrected.

then something else caught my attention, the dist was wired 180degrees
out??

then remembered years and years ago the engine I had before had cam 180
out and so was wired correctly because the dist had been rebuilt 180 out.
(does this make any sense) so switched wires to 180 degrees out of phase
with #1 way over on the left.

then tried and it tried and tried to start. would run a "little" on ether
even. checked and checked some more and found a hairline crack in the S
boot.  didn't have another handy so taped this one up until I can find
another.

now battery is down and on charger but there are "signs" of life which is
a first for this engine...

maybe is waiting for the 4th of July?????  is too hot out there now and
will take a few hours to put a decent charge back into battery.

sooooo  maybe the trip to baltimore is off??  maybe not... at least it
sounds like it wants to start now.

probably should reset the valves since this means they are off??

frustrated bob in baltimore

happy 4th to my american friends and what ever day everyone else
celebrates