[T2] "Trip to Baltimore"

accessys at smart.net accessys at smart.net
Thu Jul 2 12:50:49 MST 2015

On Thu, 2 Jul 2015, steve blackham wrote:

> As good as that sounds.....
> Humor me!
> 1.  You've pulled at least one injector and watched it fire when you cranked engine?

2 of them

> 2.  You've pulled at least one plug, grounded it with a pig tail lead, and watched it spark while cranking the engine?

yup

> 3. You've static timed the engine with a test light?

several times

> 4. You've tested compression?

125 adequate for a new engine not even started

> 5.  You've tested the fuel pump and read the fuel ring pressure?

34-36psi while cranking

> 6. You've tested the air handler for massive vacuum leaks?

looked and looked and looked.  would need to be massive for it not even to
putt or somesuch

I have a spare engine that is old and tired but I have shelled out almost
3grand for new engine and exhaust system, plus all the fiddle bits

if Lessville was a little bit closer I might be tempted.

thanks
Bob